For more info on the Kloovenburg hiking trail, starting from the lookout point at Eight Feet Village.
Kloovenburg offers various day trails, ranging from easy, short walks to more strenuous, longer hikes.
These trails lead into the shady green indigenous Kasteel mountain, were wild indigenous flowers and lush mountain fynbos waits to be discovered.
Find out which route will suite you best.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes, sunscreen and a hat.
- Do not hike alone.
- Carry enough food and water with you.
- Make sure you know what the weather conditions are before you depart.
- Take a warm jacket/raincoat in winter.
- Make sure you have a relevant map of the area.
- Take a field medical kit with you for emergencies.
- Obey all signage.
- Stay in a group and on the trails.